Tuesday 6 December 2016

Introductions: Asher

Asher

While some of you may know me, I imagine a significant portion of you are busy thinking “Who is this jerk?” so let me give you a brief rundown on why and how I came to this group love of ours called ‘Wargaming’.  My first exposure was nearly 20 years ago courtesy of the White Dwarf and a copy of 2nd Ed Warhammer 40,000 for Christmas later down the track sealed the deal.  Despite Games Workshop igniting the spark of my wargaming love, recently it’s been other systems that have been fanning the flames.  I have played, or at least dabbled with many systems over the years, 40K, Fantasy, Lord of the Rings, Battlefleet Gothic so start with, and I’ve also played Flames of War, Warmachine/Hordes and Batman the Miniatures Game.  My enduring love however has been Infinity which has solidified its place as my favourite system.  Recently Dropfleet Commander is wooing me with its sexy spaceships and burnthrough lasers.

I love all parts of the community equally, painting and playing and feel that there are as many different ways of engaging in the hobby of wargaming as there are wargamers.  Sometimes I’m in a painting mood, other times I just want to get models on the table or sit for hours discussing list building and theory-craft.  To this end I’ve worn many hats in the community.  I was one of the organisers for the Victorian Inter-Club Challenge and TO’d the Warmahordes section.  Over the last couple of years I’ve served as a Paint Judge for Arcanacon and have been one of the people running the Total Reaction series of Infinity tournaments.

It’s my hope for this group that we can forge a community for all wargamers in Victoria for all systems and all aspects of the hobby.  We want to make a page with battle reports, painting, list building and every other aspect represented.  And we hope that you will help us make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment