Thursday 8 December 2016

Introductions: Michael Torrisi



Who's this Boso?

For a long time I have asked myself the same question. Being asked to write a small introduction about oneself has initiated more self reflection than necessary for a hobby blog. My boss always has to remind me of KISS or "keep it simple stupid." His one criticism of my work is that while it is high quality, it isn't done nearly as quickly as it could be.

I guess the same goes for my hobby. I have always been slow when it comes to painting my miniatures. So I don't have a mass of armies sitting on my shelf. I have a couple. But I think they look great.

I used to work for Games Workshop as a casual and a part timer. It was there that I learnt to paint and actually paint quickly. I was never satisfied with the finished work though. If only I had another month.

Occasionally I would attend tournaments both for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar. In the future I am running a tournament for Age of Sigmar called Ghal Maraz. I am also an enthusiastic narrative gamer. Come and ask me about the death of poor Ludwig in front of his family some time. Poor little gunter, he never really understood why his father was suddenly so red.... and gone. I have also dabbled in games such as Saga, Necromunda, Mordhiem, and I intend to dabble with Malifaux in the near future.

My favourite game however, is Age of Sigmar. People like to call football the beautiful game but I disagree. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

I look forward to contributing to Victorian Miniture Gaming. I am excited to share my thoughts, my hobby and facilitate bringing people together to share out common love. The love of tiny models.



No comments:

Post a Comment