Thursday 1 December 2016

Introductions: Difsta


Joshua 'Difsta' Diffey

So some of you in the Warhammer 40,000 community might have seen me around the traps, but for those who haven't here is a little something about who I am. I first got into 40k back when I was about 8 when my cousin and I got a copy of the 2nd Edition Warhammer 40,000 starter box. Since then I had a couple of stop and start moments, but have been 'all guns a blazin' with 40k since 2009/2010. I am a one system kind of guy, I play just 40k. I have tried to get in to other systems over the years, but the problem is I have a fairly addictive personality when it comes to wargaming, as such I just can't afford to start up any other games seriously 😜. I have played a number of armies over the years, however my main stay love has been the armies of Chaos. I have a number of varying Chaos Space Marine and Chaos Daemon armies, and they just continue to grow.

Over the years my love of the hobby has evolved. When I first started I was heavily focused on the game itself, I had little interest in the theme or canon of the game, and treated the game more like chess (obviously with a few extra rules). But as the game of 40k evolved through the editions, and the more I got to know people in the community, my love for the hobby has changed. These days I still enjoy the odd game of bring the hardest list you can make and lest see how hard they hit each other, but most of the time I am just after a casual game between mates. I enjoy collaborating with various wargamers within the community on new ideas for conversions, armies, painting ideas, or help with research into obscure 40k references.

I have been heavily involved with a large number of events over the years, such as the Battle Bunker Crash, Victorian Masters 40k, the Australasian Team Challenge (ATC), Australian Masters 40k, and a number of other events behind the scene. I also have been heavily involved in a project that has been running for a number of years now called Community Comp, and while my involvement has dropped off I will do a number of reviews of items from the Community Comp document in posts to come. One of the other hobby projects of mine is a tournament organisers tool called the Community Comp Terminal or CCT, something I hope has helped a number of tournament organisers over the last year.

Going forward with the Victorian Miniature Gaming team I hope to provide a number of articles around Battle Reports, Reviews (of both tournaments as well as codex/army reviews) and to keep everyone informed on the 40k Rumours floating the web.


No comments:

Post a Comment